Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday brunch - an oldie but goodie.

Sunday mornings can be as easy and as lazy as you want.

I tended to the garden on the balcony, I read some magazine articles and I played Scrabble online.

I love eating al fresco, admiring the rewards of my gardening efforts, and sitting out in the fresh air listening to the sounds on a lazy Sunday; lawnmowers, kids playing in the street, dogs barking. Later the smells of weekend barbeques will fill the neighbourhood air.

Today I had a craving for something my Mom used to make for us kids; Soft boiled eggs and Toasted Soldiers. I believe this was some British nickname for the meal. Yes, this was comfort food from the 60's! How simple yet delicious and nutricious! Brunch can't get any better than this in 5 minutes flat preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment